WFWA PBS39, in cooperation with the Federal Communications Commission, is committed to widely disseminating notices of career opportunities with PBS39 to our entire community.
Some of the many sources we use to advertise full-time position vacancies include:
- The Indiana
Department of Workforce Development-Work One website:
- Anthony Wayne Services
- The Indiana Broadcasters Association, via www.careerpage.org
- United Hispanic Americans, Fort Wayne
- The Fort
- The Fort Wayne Urban League
offices of several area colleges and universities
We hope you’ll turn to these recruitment
avenues if you are considering employment within the community-enriching
field of public television.
For a full listing of recruitment
sources, additional information, or if your organization would
like to receive a listing of our open full-time positions, please
contact our Human Resources Director via email at HumanResources@wfwa.org.
is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates without regard for race, color, national origin,
religion, age, disability, or military status.
WFWA (PBS39) seeks a Finance/Accounting Manager. Reporting to the President/General Manager, the Finance/Accounting Manager will be responsible for ensuring that sound business practices are followed by the corporation while performing corporate accounting and financial analysis activities.
- Four-year degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience of performing business accounting functions. Nonprofit or government accounting experience preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing accounting and reporting systems; experience with Sage/Peachtree or similar accounting software preferred.
- Experience with external reporting to board of directors, regulatory authorities and auditors.
- Strong orientation to detail, accuracy, organization and deadlines.
- High ethical standards, trustworthiness and discretion with knowledge of confidential information.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to contribute to a harmonious team spirit while working under deadline and business pressures.
- The ability to work closely with others, yet maintain professional objectivity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in writing narrative reports and preparing presentations to explain financial analysis and recommendations.
- Maintain the corporation’s accounting system and general ledger.
- Provide oversight of and serve as the point of contact for the contracted vendor performing payroll processing services.
- Prepare and deliver in a timely manner monthly financial reporting to the organization’s board of directors and managers, including, but not limited to, statement of revenue and expenses, balance sheet, cash flow statement and department reports.
- Manage the timely processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing and check processing, bank reconciliation, and benefits administration. Provide oversight and support to the accounting clerk position in this work.
- Ensure that sound business practices are developed and followed in the areas of financial management, accounting, and reporting.
- Analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for decisions regarding financial plans (budget), operations, capital purchases and revenue-generating plans; develop reports on financial trends and operating forecasts.
- Manage the corporation’s purchase order system, exercising day to day cost control over approved purchases and expenses.
- Assist the organization’s leadership to ensure that corporate assets, officers, directors, and related business matters are insured at appropriate levels.
- Maintain up-to-date corporate records for fixed assets, contracts, insurance, and other business documents related to financial obligations and business relationships between Fort Wayne Public Television, Inc. and other businesses, foundations, corporations, and/or government agencies.
- Oversee the annual budget preparation process as approved by the President/GM. Coordinate budget timelines and submissions, working with President/GM and department managers.
- Serve as staff support for the board of directors’ finance committee.
- Manage the invested funds of the corporation according to the corporation’s investment policy and prepare investment risk analysis.
- Prepare and submit in a timely manner reports related to the organization’s finances and administration as required by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and other external reporting authorities.
- Prepare corporate records for auditing purposes and participate in the auditing process.
- Perform other station-related duties as may be requested from time to time by the President/GM.
WFWA (PBS39) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates without regard for race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or military status. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To express interest in this position, please direct your resume to:
2501 E. Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1562
Attn: Human Resources- FAM
Or, email your resume and cover letter to:
DATE OF POSTING: Continuous
PBS39 hires experienced production professionals on a part-time basis as Production Associates. Production Associates are part of a pool of part-time employees who work on an as-needed basis for evening live show productions. Hours are very limited. PBS39 continuously collects resumes from those who wish to be approved as a part-time employee in the production pool. If you submit a resume in response to this posting, your resume will be kept on file to review when pool positions become available.
JOB TITLE: Part-time Production Associate
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Production Associates are responsible for a variety of duties including: assisting Producer/Directors in field & studio production, including floor management, operation of field/studio audio, field/studio camera, field/studio light, and character generator equipment. Additional duties may include some studio set-up & misc. grip work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Must be familiar with all basic areas of video/broadcast production. A degree in a related field is a plus. Must be able to interact professionally with the public, superiors and peers & able to follow directions. The ability to lift 60 lbs and sit or stand for extended periods of time are essential functions of this position.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Hours will vary & some evening and weekend hours will be expected as dictated by pledge, auction and live program scheduling.
Please note that WFWA makes a strong effort to fill job openings by considering the qualifications, background, experience, and employment record of each individual applicant. To express interest in this position, please direct your resume to:
2501 East Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1562
Attn: Human Resources- PT PA
Or, email your resume and cover letter to:
PBS39 is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from
qualified candidates without regard for
race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or military status.
WFWA PBS39 utilizes volunteers in many important parts of our station's operation. For more information about volunteering for PBS39 or simply to get a conversation started, contact us via email at HumanResources@wfwa.org.